turf tiger issues

rokaway

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2002 turf tiger 29 horse power Kawasaki fuel injected mower that runs fine for about an hour, then it starts trying to die like it is running out of fuel. When it first starts it only does it when you go from forward to reverse. But after a few minutes it will do it all the time until it finally dies. It always starts back but just won't run very long. Installed a new fuel pump. That did not help. Any thoughts?

Steve0853

Threads
rokaway,
I'm not much of a mechanic, but I've sure done my share of shade tree work, so I'll give you my two cents worth. There are some more knowledgable guys on here that I'm sure will respond with some good advice.

It really sounds like a fuel problem for sure. The new fuel pump eliminated one prospective problem. From the one-hour time frame, it sounds like heat may be a factor. Does a fuel line run too close to a muffler or other heat source, causing a vapor lock?

Another issue ( with its age) may be a clogged strainer in the fuel tank. When the mower sits a while, the stuff clogging the strainer may dissolve away from it a little, but after an hour run time, it has accumulated back on the strainer.

And one other problem is that a fuel line may be collapsing and shutting off the fuel flow, but it looks like you would have already seen that.

Also, it sounds like the injectors are NOT the problem because of the one hour of good performance. If they were clogged, it would run poorly all the time.

I'm sure you'll find the problem. I'll keep checking back.

rokaway

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks Steve 0853,
I will look into the fuel issues you mentioned and will post my findings so maybe they will help someone else