Trying to resurrect a Homelite 24V Lawn Mower

llangston1

Forum Newbie
Threads
A neighbor gave me his old Homelite 24V lawn Mower (red deck and black plastic motor cover) and I am trying to clean it up and get it running again. When I first got it the battery pack would not hold a charge for long. The motor ran strong and cut grass but for only about 5 -10 minutes. I took the 2 12 volt batteries out of the plastic box and charged and tested them and determined that one was weak so I replaced it. Now after charging the batteries separately on my 12 V charger, wiring it all together and and putting it back in the mower the motor runs but only at a reduced RPM and with little to no torque or real power. Any suggestions as to what could be the cause? I have the batteries wired in series correctly and the motor does turn the blade in the correct direction. What sort of voltage should I measure from the battery pack after it is properly charged in order to get full power from the motor? I am now charging the battery pack using the mower's charging box so I will see if that helps or not. My mower has a white and a black wire attached to the 3 prong plug in the battery box. I ran the white wire to positive and the black wire to negative. There is nothing connected to the middle prong. Also the built in battery monitor lights on the back of the mower do not function. Perhaps that is what the 3 prong was supposed to power? Is there an exploded parts and wiring diagram somewhere on the net?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Min would be 24 volts. Check voltage on each battery then add it together and it should be somewhere around that.