Export thread

TroyBilt mower surging & sputtering during idle

bengalfan7

bengalfan7

We inherited a mower from my father. We drained the old gas and put new gas in, but it’s still sputters and surges during idle. Any ideas on what could be causing that?

I

ILENGINE

Could be a dirty carb, but would need more information to give more specific direction. Model of the mower and engine would be a good starting point. At this point we don't even know if this a push mower, a rider, a Z turn or a walk behind string trimmer.

R

Rivets

Have you got any idea what you are asking us to do? Our crystal balls are out of order. Answer IL’s questions before you’ll get any help. Do your home work before you reply.

bengalfan7

bengalfan7

Could be a dirty carb, but would need more information to give more specific direction. Model of the mower and engine would be a good starting point. At this point we don't even know if this a push mower, a rider, a Z turn or a walk behind string trimmer.

Troy-Bilt 13an77bs211

bengalfan7

bengalfan7

R

Rivets

Engine numbers would help?

I

ILENGINE

Engine model number should be stamped into the valve cover if looking down providing the cover isn't mounted upside down. You can try slowly closing the choke and see if it smooths out. If it stops surging and runs smooth with say 1/4 to 3/4 choke then usually means a dirty carb issue and will need removed and cleaned.