Good evening,
I have a Troy-Bult 220 push mower. I was mowing the grass the other day, and the motor started running weak, and noticed that I was low on gas. I filled the gas up (gas was not quite 3 months old), and started it again. I noticed it put out a little white smoke, and then quit smoking (did if for a couple of seconds), The more that it ran after this, the weaker the engine ran. It finally stopped on me. The mower will start, but it cuts off pretty quickly afterwards. Does anyone that might have an idea why it might be doing this? Could I have pushed some dirt into the tank when filling it up? The top around the spout is not the cleanest. Mowers like this one are expensive, and I really like this one. Any ideas on what might be my issue with the mower. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank, Garry
I have a Troy-Bult 220 push mower. I was mowing the grass the other day, and the motor started running weak, and noticed that I was low on gas. I filled the gas up (gas was not quite 3 months old), and started it again. I noticed it put out a little white smoke, and then quit smoking (did if for a couple of seconds), The more that it ran after this, the weaker the engine ran. It finally stopped on me. The mower will start, but it cuts off pretty quickly afterwards. Does anyone that might have an idea why it might be doing this? Could I have pushed some dirt into the tank when filling it up? The top around the spout is not the cleanest. Mowers like this one are expensive, and I really like this one. Any ideas on what might be my issue with the mower. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thank, Garry