troy built 50" cut super bronco riding mower trans replacement?

ripoff

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / troy built 50" cut super bronco riding mower trans replacement?
I have a 2015 troy built 50" cut super bronco riding mower that needs a used hydrostatic transaxle replacement, question, does anyone out there know if other transaxles from other mower manufactures will work/bolt up to my mower and do u know anyone who has one, please advise?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Your description of your unit doesn’t help use much, we have no idea of what tranny you have in your unit. Please provide us with the model and serial numbers from under the seat so we don’t have to rely on our psychic powers. Second, please explain why you feel you need to replace the hydro system. 7 year old units normally don’t need replacement, unless something major occurred.

ripoff

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your description of your unit doesn’t help use much, we have no idea of what tranny you have in your unit. Please provide us with the model and serial numbers from under the seat so we don’t have to rely on our psychic powers. Second, please explain why you feel you need to replace the hydro system. 7 year old units normally don’t need replacement, unless something major occurred.
the model is #13WQA2KQO11- SN 11015H30387, the axle shafts have a lot of play and the axle seals leak oil, i figure it be best to replace the trans with a used one, if possible.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here’s the part number and description of the hydro system you are looking for. Very common setup, but be careful who you buy from. Personally I wouldn’t trust a used unit unless I got it from someone I know.

Troy-Bilt 918-07208 Trans Assembly, HYD K46​

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Appears to be a Tuff Torq K46 series. You need to find the same sub series so the linkage are the same.

If the unit is still working I would be replace the axle bushings (provided you have worn completely through them) and seals but maybe $30 in parts plus oil is too much and you perfer to risk getting an used hunk of junk. As it is hit and miss. You would know until you spend all that time changing it out.