Troy-Bilt TB110 Push Mower

NatetheGreat03

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all. New to the forum and got a question about my Troy-Bilt TB110 model push mower. I bought the mower a few months back and was able to cut my entire yard 3 times with it but on the 4th not long into the mowing..it made a loud pop, idled down fairly slow, then completely shut off. After it shut off, I would attempt to pull start it but only hear what seems to be the engine spinning. The engine spins by hand when I turn it. Spark plug is fine. Oil and gas levels were good at the time it occurred. A friend thought it seems to be lacking compression for whatever that may be worth. For the sake of mentioning the motor its a Briggs & Stratton 550 EX series 140cc. I had a similar model the TB100..same thing had happened to that one as well but happened the first day I got it and within 30 seconds of it running it popped, idled down, and shut off...Not super savvy with small engines so any tips would be much appreciated.
Mower Model and SN #-
Model #: 11A-B1BM723
SN: 1G21MKF3257

Engine Model & SN #-
Model #: 09P7020277F1
SN: 2106026728527

dougand3

Threads
Pull the spark plug. Turn the flywheel screen by hand (or can VERY slowly pull rope). See if piston moves up/down. A screwdriver in plug hole can indicate piston position.