Troy Bilt Super Broncho XP50 clutch stop bracket

weidnca

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi! I have a Troy Bilt Super Broncho; I was mowing one evening, and out of nowhere, the mower just shut down. I checked the fuse, and sure enough, it was blown. I (in a manner of speaking) retraced my steps; when I engaged the deck, it didn't seem to respond as quickly as it normally did. So, I started to think that maybe the PTO switch had died...I purchased a new switch, installed it, and the mower again blew the fuse.

After poking around near the clutch to check that the wiring was okay, I discovered that the clutch was able to spin freely (sort of wrapping the wiring around itself). The harness clip to the clutch was sort of hanging out of its home, which led me to check the "stop" bracket (or whatever that thing is called), and discovered that it was broken...actually, it was bent and torn in the bend of the bracket.

Has anyone had this issue, and has MTD addressed it?

Thanks in advance!

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
IT is call an "Anti-rotation Bracket" It appears that this one also has bushing installed in it. PNs 731-10576 and 783-08656-0637. Normally you don't have problems with this bracket; unless, the top bearing of the electric PTO is going bad.