Troy bilt 2 cycle trimmer tb35

Lb29

Forum Newbie
Threads
I was given a tb35 trimmer 2 cycle, that will start for 3 seconds-with choke on, then die instantly it won’t warm up or idle. I’ve cleaned carb, check fuel lines and filter, and air filter and spark plug, and primer bulb is all good. The women that gave it to me said she tried adjusting the carb, but didn’t know what she was doing, couldn’t remember how many turns, or which way she turned the adjusters either. Any ideas?

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Sounds like someone that has absolutely no knowledge of how to repair a two engine. Probably don't even have the needed tools.

Someone will to take this OP by the hand and walk them even the very basics of troubleshooting this problem.

Lb29

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the adjuster tools just not sure where to begin honestly which is why I’m on here looking for the right advice on how to fix it myself.

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Then read through the service manual.

Base setting for mixture screws is 1-1/2 turns. This is a will start setting and not the final setting.

Attachments

• b03a6b5f93b40c54ab93c12264d3a2ae.pdf
    731.4 KB · Views: 9

Lb29

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can not get the manual to download for some reason

Lb29

Forum Newbie
Threads
I got it running but it’s smoking like crazy blue and grey smoke not sure if it’s out of adjustment still or if the gas ratios off I know I use the same gas in my husqvarna and it does not smoke like that