Engine TORO ZTR Z560 warner electric clutch issues

Brocky

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi Everyone

Just wondering if anyone has had issues with their Toro Z560 Zero Turn Electric PTO Clutch.

My Engine starts but when engaging the PTO the engine decelerates to a stall with no turning of PTO or blades. The PTO is intact and electrics all OK. I can hear the PTO engage in and out when operating the switch but when engaged the engine comes to a stop.
I dis-assembled the PTO thinking it may be a bearing but the 2 bearings move freely.

Can anyone suggest anything as it is expensive to troubleshoot by replacement. The clutch is a Warner 5218-99.

Many thanks in advance.

Mark

Threads
check blades & bearings on the cutter deck to see if they spin freely without the belt on the pulleys also check idler pulleys on the top side of the deck.

Brocky

Forum Newbie
Threads
check blades & bearings on the cutter deck to see if they spin freely without the belt on the pulleys also check idler pulleys on the top side of the deck.

HI 066.

I forgot to mention that the belts and deck spin freely when disconnected from the PTO clutch pulley.

Thankyou for your reply.

Mark

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Do you mean the engine cuts out as soon as you engage the
Electric clutch?
That could be a safety switch problem like the seat switch.

Brocky

Forum Newbie
Threads
Do you mean the engine cuts out as soon as you engage the
Electric clutch?
That could be a safety switch problem like the seat switch.

Thankyou Pugaltitude

You were on the Money. After charging Flat battery I found that the Seat switch was playing up. I cycled it a few times and now I have a working mower.

All happy.

Mark