Toro ztr Safety Switch

A_tank96

Threads
Hello everyone,

So the last time I ran my Toro z4200 ztr It had trouble starting. It would crank and everything but it would start. I am only 95 lbs, so I had my friend push down on the seat for me to see if the seat was connecting to the safety switch under it. Once he pushed it down, the mower started right up. My question is, should I take off the safety switch? And if so how do I do it? The only thing I can think of it doing is preventing a start while the operator is not in the seat, and not being able to engage the pto if the arms are in the park position.

A_tank96

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would look at lengthing the button on the safety switch. I have put plastic bolt covers (get them at the local hardware store) which shortens the distance the button has to travel to engage, but still gives you the protection.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I would look at lengthing the button on the safety switch. I have put plastic bolt covers (get them at the local hardware store) which shortens the distance the button has to travel to engage, but still gives you the protection.

Yeah, it's never a good idea to "disable" a safety feature on anything. Maybe user A_tank96 could gain about 10lbs and that may solve his problem:0)