Toro tractor deck interchange with other brands?

bbrown

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a Toro LX425 42". Does this deck interchange with any other brands? I need to get the chute and deck adapter for the bagger. Chances of finding used parts increases if it interchanges with other decks using the MTD 190-180 Twin bagger. Thanks.

Last edited:

bbrown

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, This is what I've found so far. In a MFG vs Brand discussion on another forum, 1) it was mentioned that MTD makes mowers for quite a few brands other than their own Yardman, Yard Machines, Bolens, etc. and 2) Toro had MTD do their HD and Ace-sold mowers beginning 2007.

Looking at IPB diagrams, 2007 versions of MTD-made mowers have many interchangeable parts. The deck attach points are the same. The deck stamping is the same. Some may have a different bracket, but in many cases the attach points welded to the deck are the same. A Yard Machines spindle is $110 whereas a TroyBilt spindle is $124, even though it is the same part number.

My interest is not so much the pricing. It is the interchange and compatibility. Pricing falls into place with more readily available, and plentiful, parts. The perfect example is blade selection. Not many Toro blades at the local HD, Lowes, or W-mart. But there are plenty of other brands that are a perfect fit IF you know the part number.