Export thread

Toro Timecutter 54" - cracked deflector

H

heavnstrl

I have a Toro Timecutter 54" and have now cracked two chute discharge deflectors. First time was clearly my fault as I got to close to a post on inside of a fence but the second one happened when the deflector caught as I went over a dip in the lawn (note that my yard has an issue with hogs, moles and armadillos making for a lot of surprises when mowing). The Toro deflector is a hard plastic that seems prone to cracking. I also have a Craftsman lawn tractor and the deflector on it is a hard rubber that is much more forgiving.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket replacement for the stock Toro deflector that might be more durable?

M

MParr

I have a Toro Timecutter 54" and have now cracked two chute discharge deflectors. First time was clearly my fault as I got to close to a post on inside of a fence but the second one happened when the deflector caught as I went over a dip in the lawn (note that my yard has an issue with hogs, moles and armadillos making for a lot of surprises when mowing). The Toro deflector is a hard plastic that seems prone to cracking. I also have a Craftsman lawn tractor and the deflector on it is a hard rubber that is much more forgiving.

Does anyone know of an aftermarket replacement for the stock Toro deflector that might be more durable?
I had a 50” Timecutter and a 54” Timecutter HD. I took the discharge chutes off as soon as they were delivered. I put them back on when I traded them.
Just take it off and be done with it.