toro superrecycler

mendicinop

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looking to purchase a new toro super recycler. Does anyone have any experience with the toro overhead valve engine. I' trying to decide on what engine to purchase with my mower, Briggs Ready Start, Toro, or Honda engine. Thanks

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
Looking to purchase a new toro super recycler. Does anyone have any experience with the toro overhead valve engine. I' trying to decide on what engine to purchase with my mower, Briggs Ready Start, Toro, or Honda engine. Thanks

Briggs anytime.
The toro engine is made in china and some models do have a ready start but with briggs you have always got the warranty, knowledge and spares back up.
As for Honda :thumbdown:

Rudager

Forum Newbie
Threads
So why the thumbs down on the Honda engine. Most of what I have read indicate Honda makes a good small engine for mowers. I too have been looking at a new walk behind mower and looked at the Toros. I was shocked to learn that they mostly come with a Toro brand mower manufactured in China. Things are not like they used to be. If I do get a Toro it will most likely be the model with the Honda engine but it doesn't come with the electric start (something the wife is interested in).

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would agree Briggs if I can still find one. This year Toro switched all models over to the new Chinese Lincon engine. Worked on 5 Hondas today and they all had carb problems. I think Honda is a great engine for just about anything except their lawnmower engine. Would never purchase or recommend.

Brad777

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would agree Briggs if I can still find one. This year Toro switched all models over to the new Chinese Lincon engine. Worked on 5 Hondas today and they all had carb problems. I think Honda is a great engine for just about anything except their lawnmower engine. Would never purchase or recommend.

Ditto. One thing I don't understand is why Honda wouldn't recognize that this potentially sabotages their reputation amongst their other products too. Stay away from the Honda lawn equipment.