TORO RWD mower won't start cold without starting fluid

NIck_M

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / TORO RWD mower won't start cold without starting fluid
2 season old Toro RWD mower with B&S engine will only start with starting fluid sprayed into carb. Mower will restart normally when it is still hot. Thought is may be a choke issue and removed and replaced air filter and removed air filter assembly when cold and observed the choke is closed. Runs great after it starts up, no issues at all. The problem started at the end of the season last year and decided to deal with it in the Spring. Figured I would run some new gas through it and hope for the best. I would rather try to fix it myself than deal with a "guaranteed to start" claim". Any ideas on what to check next. Thanks,

Nick

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Post engine model xxxxxx, type xxxx, trim xx, code xxxxxxxx from engine. thanks Mark
Post Toro model & serial #'s from tractor.
See Operators Manual above "Filling the Fuel Tank" adding fuel stabilizer per instructions on bottle.

Last edited:

NIck_M

Forum Newbie
Threads
Post engine model xxxxxx, type xxxx, trim xx, code xxxxxxxx from engine. thanks Mark
Post Toro model & serial #'s from tractor.
Toro model number 21352
Briggs model 09P7020293F1
Thanks for the reply!

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Was it stored over winter with E-10 gas in the tank?

NIck_M

Forum Newbie
Threads
Was it stored over winter with E-10 gas in the tank?
I started having the starting problem at the end of the season last year. I ran out the gas before storing it for the winter figuring I would deal with the issue in the Spring.

NIck_M

Forum Newbie
Threads
Fresh gas was the fix! Gas in the can must have been old. When that ran out and fresh gas was added all is well.