Toro runs rough for a while, then smothens out

Pete6114

Threads
Got a 6 month old Super Recycler MOD: 20384, that don't start quite as easy as it did when i first bought, but will after cranking for longer then i should have to. Then runs quite rough for a minute or so, and eventually will smooth out. I just changed oil again and looked at the plug, which seems good. Haven't bought a new plug yet. Do you guys think the plug may be going bad or should i look at other things? Always using fresh gas, by the way!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I guessing that your temps up there are below 50 degree at this time of year, plus you have 30W oil in the unit. This combination will cause harder starting. The carbs on these units are set very lean and with the auto-choke, they will take longer to start. The fact that it smooths out means every thing is working properly. My bet is it will return to easy starting when the temps go up.

Pete6114

Threads
I guessing that your temps up there are below 50 degree at this time of year, plus you have 30W oil in the unit. This combination will cause harder starting. The carbs on these units are set very lean and with the auto-choke, they will take longer to start. The fact that it smooths out means every thing is working properly. My bet is it will return to easy starting when the temps go up.
Thanks for the reply.
It actually started doing this the last few times i cut, when the temps where still in the 70's. Guess i'll call the place i bought it from and find out if Warranty covers this. There is a 5 year guaranteed to start warranty, which it does....