Toro Recycler used

Rocker66

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good morning. I am in need a mower again as I had to sell my others when I moved. I hate to spend the money on new if I can find a good used one. I live in rural Texas and don't exactly have a lawn. More like grassweed I like to call it. We have 3 acres but only need to mow maybe 1/2 acre around the house. A new mower is just going to get beat up with the terrain. So, I've looked on Craigslist and there are couple of what appear to be good deals. But, I'm skeptical. I know used mowers aren't going to hold their value very well as I know after just selling a couple. But, some just seem too cheap and the descriptions make me a little leary. Here's one for example:

Not much said about it except "used a couple of times". It does look to be relatively new. And maybe it was used a 1/2 doz. times. For the money, if it was used a whole season on a home lawn and maintained it wouldn't bother me. But, the 2020 model is $359. So, this is a case where you gotta ask "what's wrong with it?".

Here's an older, obviously well used. But, he describes it and states the drive doesn't work. A much more realistic ad if you ask me. As long as it runs, it's probably worth fixing the drive. I love working on things, so it wouldn't bother me. I just don't know about the motor though. Will it last?

In any case, new I'm looking at a Troy-bilt. I had an XP before and loved it. It Honda motor, so that helped a lot. I would be looking at the cheapest one just because I don't want to spend much money. I also had a Honda and was a great mower, but I just can't see spending that much money this time around. I appreciate any opinions or advice. Thank you.

Dave