Repairs Toro proline 36 blades won't engage

MajorMerjil

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a toro proline 36 in mower that's "new to me" it's a 2003 that I paid $300 for. Got it home, ran it for 5 mins and the blades disengaged and won't come back on. Any help would be great thanks. Ps. Model#30178

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20150201_184833.png
    ForumRunner_20150201_184833.png
    491.6 KB · Views: 17

MajorMerjil

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked the air gap in the clutch it was at 24k. Way too far apart. I adjusted it to 12k and tested the clutch with a 12 volt battery and it engaged and disengaged like it should...Also tested pto switch for continuity and it passed as well

MajorMerjil

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yea but it still won't work on the mower. I bought a new bridge rectifier and delay module hoping that would make a difference but no such luck. My next test was the wiring harness and it's good as well. Kinda scratching my head now as to what to test any help would be great thx

MajorMerjil

Forum Newbie
Threads
Update. I have been running the pto with a 12v battery for a while now and finally got tired of it so I did some more testing on the wiring harness and turns out the rectifier the dealer gave me was defective I took it back, got a new one, and now it runs like new...who would'a thought?

Thanks for the help though...much appreciated

Phil