Toro Personal Pace only engages when you pull backward on handel

Orot

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro Personal Pace only engages when you pull backward on handel
Hi All,
I just picked up a second hand Toro personal pace mower. It's an older model. Rear Wheel Drive. The self propelled wheels seem to only engage when I pull back on the handle. Isn't that the opposite? Shouldn't they engage when I pus forward on the slider? Any ideas on what's wrong?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds to me that your cable and handle is not assembled properly. Take a look at this manual to see if you setup is in it. It is an older manual. If you can’t find you setup, post back with your model and serial numbers so we can see the exact unit you have. https://www.toro.com/getpub/22446

Orot

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yep set it up wrong.

The bar that you push down to engage the engine had an "eyelet" on the left hand side that looks like it fits the cable "hook" for the self propulsion cable.. I had mistakenly attached it to that rather then the eyelet that is on the underside of the Personal Pace Slider. So pulling it back ward engaged it when it was hooked up wrong because that put tension on the cable. The Personal Pace slider rocks the eyelet to the user when you push it forward, thus tensioning the cable.

Long story short, user error :)