Export thread

Toro Personal Pace Mower

P

PJL1969

I“ll begin by saying I am a novice and just looking for some guidance. I have a Toro Personal Pace mower, Model # 20018. It has an electric key start and the battery is charged. When turning the key the starter spins but as best as I can determine the sprocket at the top of the starter does not engage with the flywheel. Is there some type of an adjustment which can be made to have it engage with the flywheel or is it something more serious wrong with the starter. Appreciate any advice on what to check or look for.

R

Rivets

More than likely you are going to have to replace the starter bendix drive. We will need a couple of things from you to advise you how to proceed, as there were different starters used during the different years of production. Please supply us with the mowers serial number and the engine numbers.

P

PJL1969

More than likely you are going to have to replace the starter bendix drive. We will need a couple of things from you to advise you how to proceed, as there were different starters used during the different years of production. Please supply us with the mowers serial number and the engine numbers.
Thanks for your fast reply. I checked and the serial # is 220006368

R

Rivets

Need Tecumseh engine numbers, as that year three different starters are listed. Include the spec number please.

P

PJL1969

Need Tecumseh engine numbers, as that year three different starters are listed. Include the spec number please.
Ok, is that printed someplace on the engine where I can look? Don’t have the manual

R

Rivets

There is an ID tag on the metal shroud, under the plastic cover. No need to remove anything, just tip the mower slightly on its side and have a good flashlight.

P

PJL1969

Apologies if I am misunderstanding you, is below what you are looking for

Attachments

R

Rivets

No, you need to look for the ID tag on the engine, not deck.

P

PJL1969

No, you need to look for the ID tag on the engine, not deck.
Sorry about that here you are

Attachments

R

Rivets

That’s what I needed to confirm what engine you have. Engine model number is LEV120 with a Spec number of 361542B. If you are positive you have a good strong battery, I would probably replace these three parts. Gear #34949A, Driver #34946 and Drive Nut #34953. You may only need the driver, but I don’t like having to take it apart replacing one part at a time. Hope this works.

P

PJL1969

That’s what I needed to confirm what engine you have. Engine model number is LEV120 with a Spec number of 361542B. If you are positive you have a good strong battery, I would probably replace these three parts. Gear #34949A, Driver #34946 and Drive Nut #34953. You may only need the driver, but I don’t like having to take it apart replacing one part at a time. Hope this works.
Thanks for your fast responses and valuable information. Very much appreciated.

P

PJL1969

Thanks again for your help, the parts you recommended are in route but I also need the flange bolts to connect the starter to the motor. Would you know the part number so that I can order those two bolts as well. The engine model # again is LEV120 Spec # 361542B - believe its a Tecumseh starter 38753. Appreciate the help.

R

Rivets

No need to use an OEM bolt. Just get two good clean bolts and install with a drop of Loctite.