Export thread

Toro personal pace mower won't restart after engine is hot

T

Thigh

Toro personal pace mower starts easily when cold, will not restart when engine is hot

R

Rivets

Please tell us which engine you have, as Toro has used 4 different engines on their Personal Pace mowers. Model and serial numbers of both the mower and engine would be of great help.

T

Thigh

Please tell us which engine you have, as Toro has used 4 different engines on their Personal Pace mowers. Model and serial numbers of both the mower and engine would be of great help.
It's a Briggs and Stratton 7.25 hp, model 20322 serial 315014110 its only 3 yrs old

T

Thigh

It's a Briggs and Stratton 7.25 hp, model 20322 serial 315014110 its only 3 yrs old

The engine model is120000. Serial 128M02-0133-F1-14050859

R

Rivets

Next time you have to restar your mower hot, check to see if the choke is still closed. You have an auto choke system and the choke may not be staying open when hot. Second, if the choke butterfly is open, check for spark, the coil may have a hot short or hot open, which will result in no spark until it cools down. Report back.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

I agree with Rivets....... I have seen this before and I made a video on that issue.......

Take your filter cover off and the filter.... On a clean area with no dust flying around in the air and
let it warm up real good and look at the carb choke plate......

Kill the engine and wait the same amount of time that the the mower has issues..... Check the choke plate and see where it's at.....

T

Thigh

The choke is completely closed when the engine is hot. How do I remedy this?

T

Thigh

Where would I find your video post that you mentioned in your reply?

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

Boudreaux In Eunice La.

R

Rivets

J

jslosar

The choke is completely closed when the engine is hot. How do I remedy this?

How long should it take for the choke to re-close. I seem to need to choke even with warm engine. Warm engine will not start unless I cover the intake with my hand (choking the engine).

R

Rivets

Jslosar, would you please start a new thread instead of hyjacking this one. Only gets confusing for everyone. When you do please include model and serial numbers for both your unit and engine. This will get you the quickest and best answers to your problem.