Export thread

Toro chute

E

Edrdking

I have a toro snow thrower and I need help replacing the springs on the chute. I've tried several times to replace the springs the hold the little plastic gear that lets u rotate chute. I've tried several times and every time I insta them the springs bend and snap... The model is a toro 38175... Three horse... Any ideas

R

Rivets

Make sure that you are removing the chute before you insert the springs. That means you must remove the chute retainer. If you don't have one, here is a parts breakdown.

https://lookup3.toro.com/classes/doGetPub/?pubid=4593

E

Edrdking

Thanks... I tried to go to that link but it comes up blank... What part would be considered the chute retainer???

R

Rivets

Try this link. Type in your model number. Find your serial number. Then go to parts manual.

Toro |

E

Edrdking

Thanks... I have all the right parts.... Still can't figure out why they keep poping out... I will try one more time the springs only cost 55 cents.... When I put everything back together it works one way and then when I try to turn the chute the other it just pops the spring... I will keep trying something has to give....