Toro 6.5 self propelled walk behind runs only about 2 seconds.

mabrjo

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Toro 6.5 self propelled walk behind runs only about 2 seconds.
After priming using the bulb the mower runs about 2 seconds. After a reprime its starts and run again for about 2 seconds. I have disassembled the carburator several times in the pass three years. At first this got me through the season. Now its seems to work only for a few days. There are two hoses connected to the carburator. One is the fuel supply. Could someone tell me the purpose of the other hose?

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hey there - WELCOME to LMF!

I moved your thread to the Toro Forum. :smile:

snapsstorer

Threads
not sure about this but check and see if you can follow the other one it may run to the primer bulb. if not, i dont know what say it is for.:confused:

andy135

Threads
After priming using the bulb the mower runs about 2 seconds. After a reprime its starts and run again for about 2 seconds. I have disassembled the carburator several times in the pass three years. At first this got me through the season. Now its seems to work only for a few days. There are two hoses connected to the carburator. One is the fuel supply. Could someone tell me the purpose of the other hose?

The other hose is probably the crankcase breather, direct the air in the crankcase back for combustion. Need model no. to know what engine on the mower.

redbaron

Threads
we have that problem because of ethanol in gas it stops them up. I use a sonic cleaner works great. goggle it for info.

snapsstorer

Threads
another possibility is the primer bulb itself. you rebuilt the carb, but was there a replacement primer bulb with it. if not check the primer bulb for any possible hair-line crack's or pinhole's. i just remembered that happened on a push mower that i fixed about a year ago