Toro 22" AWD 21766 - Front wheels spin as one - (not independantly .. is this correct?)

g4fne

Threads
  • / Toro 22" AWD 21766 - Front wheels spin as one - (not independantly .. is this correct?)
Hi folks .... Ive recently bought a 22" Toro 21766 AWD recycler. Ive had personal pace before so know how it works. The 2 rear wheels rotate independantly from each other as i would expect, however the front wheels spin as one (ie not independantly ... so if i hold one of the front wheels the opposite side is unable to rotate and whatever way i rotate a front wheel the other follows) ..... Can anyone who has experience of the AWD confirm if this is correct or should the front wheels spin independantly from each other? ... Ive never had an AWD mower before and the dealer does not have another for me to check

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Toro 22" AWD 21766 - Front wheels spin as one - (not independantly .. is this correct?)
This is the General Transmissions MA300 (Toro PN 137-4823) which uses a single axle; therefore, both wheels will turn at the same time.

D

Deleted member 99482

Hi folks .... Ive recently bought a 22" Toro 21766 AWD recycler. Ive had personal pace before so know how it works. The 2 rear wheels rotate independantly from each other as i would expect, however the front wheels spin as one (ie not independantly ... so if i hold one of the front wheels the opposite side is unable to rotate and whatever way i rotate a front wheel the other follows) ..... Can anyone who has experience of the AWD confirm if this is correct or should the front wheels spin independantly from each other? ... Ive never had an AWD mower before and the dealer does not have another for me to check
My three year old Toro AWD the front wheels run as one. If you tilt the mower back so it's just resting on the two back wheels and give it a little gas, you'll see both front wheels move at the same time. I can check it further in a few weeks when I'll be ready for the first cut of the season.