Toro 20016

Bama49

Threads
Having problems with a Toro mower at times the recoil is very hard to pull. I unplug the coil from the spark plug and turn the blade a few turns and plug the coil back to the spark plug pull the cord and it acts as nothing happened and cranks with ease. Engine LV195EA-362003b. Thanks in advance.

Bama49

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is your oil level correct? I would take the plug out next time it happens and let us know what the plug looks like and if the plug out changed the resistance

Bama49

Threads
Thanks for the suggestion, yea the oil level is good, I put 20 oz of SAE 30 in it after draining the old oil. I will check the plug the next time. I am just starting to play with small engines thanks to site like this and youtube. I needed an engine to work with so I bought this one, the guy told me it wouldn't start, never the less I have gotten it to work and have actually cut both front and back yard with it. However, after shutitng it down and having such a hard time with the recoil rope when I tried to pull it, it raised the front of the mower that's when I rotated the blade and then it worked fine, Then one time I had snap back action on the re-coil cord. I pulled the flywheel to see if the pin had sheared but it seemed fine.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have a feeling you are either getting fuel into the chamber. Which would require a carb cleaning possible rebuild(clean first) or oil in the chamber which could be a number of other things. When these things get into the chamber it will be very difficult to pull the cord. When you undid the plug wire and spun the blade by hand you emptied the chamber enough to get it started .

So I am still going with my original thought pull plug pull starter rope see if anything spits out of the chamber

Bama49

Threads
Wow, rather than trying to re-build the carb I replace the old one with a new one, no adjustment were made. I took the head off since I wanted to see if the flywheel key had sheared and noticed there was a lot of carbon on the piston and the valves I cleaned them up with carb cleaner and a razor blade. Both valve open and closed and I was able to rotate them, there was a slight amount of oil at the bottom of the cylinder once I rotated the fly Wheel. The cylinder didn't looked scored. Is this what you were suspecting. The engine is not smoking and it cranked, So I assumed that, that amount of oil wasn't a factor. Also, I added seafoam to both the gas and the oil per the direction. Again I am new to this. Thanks Again for your time And Experience.

Bama49