toro 2 cycle snowblower ccr2000?

corvairbob

Threads
i got this snowblower from the neighbor and he asked me to see if i can get it running. so this is what i found so far. i took the carb off and cleaned the bowl, and set the what may be the idle screw to from 3\1/2 turn all the way out to 3 turns and it will about start but not stay running. plug looks new also it almost looks like it may be flooding as the carb is wet but not dripping unless i push the primer one time then it will drip. one push causes a drip but will not just start, 2 or 3 pulls gets me a couple of fires and then stalls out, i can set the choke to full and it floods fast. and will not start, but full open and nothing.

i'm leaning on a bad carb being the main jet looks a bit out of alignment and that jet looking part on the outside in front of the idle screw may be plugged? so if anyone has a procedure for setting the adjuster screw, or the outside jet can cause just about starting issues and or if the main jet is not seated good i figure that may be why it looks like it is just about flooding?

thanks bp.

Burk62450

Forum Newbie
Threads
have you tried putting a carb kit on it. may just have a bad diaphram. if you think the jet is bent throw a carb on it.
personally i would look on ebay for a carb for it. they shouldnt be too awful bad to get one.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m assuming you model number is 38185, but Toro started making those unit in 1990 and built them for ten years, we are going to need the serial number so we know which engine you have on your unit.

corvairbob

Threads
ok it does not have the kit it has the float. i found the model number finally and have a carb on order. thanks for the help and ideas. late getting back this was in the spam folder. i also did find a youtube that talked about these models and i had the same issue, now when the car gets here i can install it and see how it goes.

after watching the youtube i saw mine has missing parts and it sure looks like someone was in the carb and messed it up. i did get it running and the idle adjuster had no control over the idle speed. and the float or seat will not hold back the gas from the tank, a new carb should do the trick. again thanks bp.

Darryl G

Lawn Addict
Threads
Those are nice little snowblowers. They have somewhat of a cult following. I have a CCR 1000, a 2450 which is very similar to yours, and a little 16 inch powerlite.

Kudos to Toro for keeping parts available for them.

corvairbob

Threads
thanks when the parts get here it should be a easy repair. might be just in time for snow.
thanks bp.

corvairbob

Threads
ok i got the carb and will be installing it tomorrow. because the thing did run rather good last week but started hard i believe all that is wrong is the carb. tomorrow after i install it i think it should start up just fine. i will return here and give the final resolution on this project. the neighbor is anxious to have it running like it should be.
thanks bp.

ok update 1-25-21 i got the carb and installed it. took a bit to start the machine, but then i found the sparkplug was also weak. not the total issue as when i turned the old car over the gar ran out past the seat so that was the biggest issue. after it started i put it outside for 3 hours and it started up just fine. then took it tot he neighbor and he started if fine. today will be the test as if you watching the weather here in muskegon mi. we are getting tons of snow. so far 4" at 8am. so we will see if it starts for him when he gets home. if so then i will consider it fixed. had to do a idle adjustment also. thanks bp

ok final update. 1-26-21 the neighbor said it started up fine today and he did his yard/drive. so this ends this saga. did not get much help but it may just help other with this issue. i got the carb from ebay for 14$ and it came with gaskets primer hose and primer and filter. i dod not use those just the carb. i had to adjust the carb as out of the box it was a bit off. wound up at 1 turn. so thanks for the couple that did offer up some help and good luck to other sith this issue. also there are a few you tubes talking about this issue as well. thanks bp.

Last edited: