Toro 11-32 blade clutch

FullyFamous

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an "older" Toro 11-32. The previous owner replaced the mower blade engage lever with a switch that turns it on. Was mowing the grass the other day and the mower stopped. Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Its Me

Threads
I that an older mower, I will have two of them they had a lever just below the steering wheel that you pulled up to engage the blade so yours had an electric clutch.

FullyFamous

Forum Newbie
Threads
So is that what makes the blade work? I took the deck off and tried the deck switch, and l got was a "click". Should the pulley rotate or something?

Its Me

Threads
I had a Lawn sales and service shop years ago, the Toro 11-32 Rear Engine Rider was the biggest seller, that was a fine quality mower, there was an I Idler from the engine to the mower deck, when you would lift up on that flat strap and put it in the upper notch it was in the grass cutting stage, when you released it the two spring on the out side of the mower straps that would tighten the break pad against the pulley on the mower deck, so the spindle would not turn, I will look to see if I still have the service manual or if you need parts and am scraping two of them now.

FullyFamous

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mine is a front engine type. Not sure if that makes a difference. If I put the mower deck back on, I wonder if that will make a difference?