Tire Changing Tool

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

My oldest son has a 2010 Simplicity Conquest with 125hrs. on 23 h.p. B&S Vanguard that my youngest son found, fixed up, & sold to his older brother back in September. We did everything except change the dry rotted tires. My younger son found the front & rear tires on Amazon at a good price, for Carlisle tires, & purchased them & had them delivered to the house with a package of new valve stems & tire bead sealer. He watched a guy in Maine on Youtube, with the same tire changer, cut, drill, weld & mount, with 4 grade 8 bolts, 8 flat washers & 4 self locking nuts, tire changer to a piece of 2" square stock with mounting block that fit into his trailer hitch perfectly. My sons working together had those 4 tires replaced before lunch. If you're thinking about purchasing this tool see Harbor Freights website for coupons or maybe you receive them in the mail. Tire shops around here want $15 to $25 per tire to remove old & install new tire on rim. SAFETY FIRST- safety glasses, mechanics gloves etc. are a must have & wear when changing tires on rims & wheels. One more thing, you will need a clean spray bottle filled with a dash or two of dishwashing liquid & water to spray inside & outside bead of old tires to make removal easier & checking for leaks around bead & rim of new tires. Never stand directly in front of tire & wheel when airing up!

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The tool is fine for doing fairly new tires but is a pain on older tires. Most times I end up pulling out the screwdrivers to remount the tires. The smaller the tire the more problem it is to use especiallythe 4 and 5 inch ones. PLus deep 12" rims are nearly impossible to work with this changer..

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have one of those. Have probably changed a hundred tires on it. A couple things i would change but still better tire spoons most times. Those 4" tires are a PITA.