TIPS & Products you use to prevent grass from sticking to your deck?

RayMcD

Threads
  • / TIPS & Products you use to prevent grass from sticking to your deck?
Gentlemen, share the tips & products you use to preventing grass from sticking to your deck, Cheers, Ray

lugbolt

Threads
I haven't found anything yet. I even tried waxing the new JD I had. Didn't work. Thus, I just made an attachment for the pressure washer that sprays upwards, roll it under the deck, turn it on and blast everything loose. Takes seconds. I made it but I think you can buy them now, called something like undercarriage attachment.

Ron3

Threads
As thick as the decks are on the badboy mowers doubt they will need much more that a few cleanings a season can not imagine them rusting through lol.

BigBlueEdge

Threads
I think regularly spraying the underside of the deck with water will be much more prone to rusting than leaving grass clippings caked on there. I've had mower decks last 20+ years only scraping them off in the spring before installing the deck and they had no rust. Maybe it's just that I don't mow if the grass is that wet to get clippings packed under the deck.

bkeller500

Threads
I cleaned my deck down to the paint ( fairly new deck) and applied 2 coats of EZ Slide with a brush and let cure for 3-days. It was worn off in 3-mowings.