Time For An Upgrade

Brian O

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 54” hustler raptor sd with a history of brackets breaking and it not starting. Today the right drive all of a sudden stopped working and after I turned it off it would not start again....I’m suspecting that another bracket broke again. I have 6 plus acres and some of the terrain Is kind of rough. I have been told that the raptors are the bottom of the line put together with brackets but the fasttrak is a step up and it has a welded frame instead of brackets. Would it be worth giving this a try or should I just try another brand?

DK35vince

Threads
I've never been a fan of the Raptor (my neighbor had one and had issues with support brackets and deck hangers)
The frame and build on the FasTrak is better.
But for mowing 6 acres I would be looking for something bigger, faster, stronger (my opinion)
I have a Hustler Super Z (35HP, 72" deck) for mowing 8 acres and it is an awesome/well built mower.

Last edited:

graydog

Threads
I've never been a fan of the Raptor (my neighbor had one and had issues with support brackets and deck hangers)
The frame and build on the FasTrak is better.
But for mowing 6 acres I would be looking for something bigger, faster, stronger (my opinion)
I have a Hustler Super Z (35HP, 72" deck) for mowing 8 acres and it is an awesome/well built mower.
You might look at the Scag Cheetah & the Exmark.

The Chairman

Threads
Yeah, this will be my last Raptor. Too much work to keep her on the lawn. The deisel Hustlers might be nice, but I'm going to research a bit more.