Thoughts on adding Pest Control to my Lawn Care company

imlawndude

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Thoughts on adding Pest Control to my Lawn Care company
hey have any of you added pest control to your lawn care services. I ran into a guy that does both and he is killing it! Thoughts? Pros/Cons?? Seems like it would be a good fit to add on...

fireman gus

Threads
I also do both with my lawn service. I added weed control about 20 years ago and it has gone well. There are times it can be hectic. For instance this year we are running about 4 weeks behind on our second application. The weather hasn't cooperated and therefore we can't seem to catch up. Last year however it went smooth on every application. With the overhead you won't make as much as you think but it can be profitable.

imlawndude

Forum Newbie
Threads
I also do both with my lawn service. I added weed control about 20 years ago and it has gone well. There are times it can be hectic. For instance this year we are running about 4 weeks behind on our second application. The weather hasn't cooperated and therefore we can't seem to catch up. Last year however it went smooth on every application. With the overhead you won't make as much as you think but it can be profitable.

Thanks! I heard that sometimes it can take a couple of years to get the licenses. If that is the case, the guy i talked to said he just hired on a guy that was in the industry that had the licenses and a good amount of experience in the industry. Which way did you go? You get the license on your own or did you hire someone on?

PestStart

Forum Newbie
Threads
A lot of lawn care companies add pest control to their services and do very well. The licensing can be tricky depending on the state, but our company specializes in helping lawn care companies find low-cost license holders that will allow them to legally get into pest control: www.peststart.com