Export thread

There's your problem

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Not sure if that will buff out.1631537212959.jpg

Chonda generator

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I'm sorry. I guess i'm just not seeing it..........

I

ILENGINE

Throw it in the ultrasonic cleaner for a couple days and it will be just like new.

Charlie8d

Charlie8d

GOOD LAWD !

I

ILENGINE

I have seen my share of carbs that looked like that come through the shop over the years.

upupandaway

upupandaway

On a related note- Do you think i need to replace this air filter???
filter.jpg

Reminds me of the Simpsons where the house is majorly sinking. The repair guy puts his level on the wall and it slides off. He says "I think i found the problem" or something to that effect.

I

ILENGINE

View attachment 58342
I just changed that last week, No I don't want a new air filter. Dang dealers always trying to cheat me out of my hard earned money.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

View attachment 58342

Reminds me of the Simpsons where the house is majorly sinking. The repair guy puts his level on the wall and it slides off. He says "I think i found the problem" or something to that effect.
NO! it filters better that way! :LOL:

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

He is the same guy who says don't change the oil because i put in brand XYZ synthetic and it is good for 500 hours. The internet said so.

S

slomo

The original pic is what happens when someone can't afford Joe Biden's gas prices. Making people search for cheaper fuel.

Little 3-n-1 Oil and some gauze pads. Will buff right out.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

?

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

It is a low dollar chicom generator with a chonda engine. Not worth the effort to clean. I just ordered a $10 chineesium ebay carb. The metal gas tank is a ball of rust too. I have a tank off an old JD mower which i will use big zip ties to attach. Will keep it out of the landfill a while longer.

GentlemanFahmah

GentlemanFahmah

I have to say you win the grand prize for the nastiest carb and bowl I've seen! Wowzers. You can thank ethanol laced fuel for that or was this engine being used as a mooring for a boat in salt water? Fortunately, with the problems in new fuel formulations, replacement carburetors are plentiful and available. I don't think everyone has an ultrasonic cleaner in their shop, but ya never know...

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

It is a low dollar chicom generator with a chonda engine. Not worth the effort to clean. I just ordered a $10 chineesium ebay carb. The metal gas tank is a ball of rust too. I have a tank off an old JD mower which i will use big zip ties to attach. Will keep it out of the landfill a while longer.
those Harbor freight generator gas tanks will rust out if you even say the word "salt".

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

The thing is even cheaper than a HF genny. It has no brand name or model number on it. I wouldn't spend any time on it but it belongs to a friend. I had to use a hammer to get the bowl off the carb. $10 for an ebay carb vs me spending a couple hours at $40/hr farting around with the trashed carb.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

. I had to use a hammer to get the bowl off the carb.
imagine that.....

Fish

Fish

A cap full of Marvel Mystery Oil in your fuel will fix that.

S

SamB

This carb fits my story a while back about the Sears Craftsman lawn tractor getting washed after every mow job. Water WILL get in the fuel tank through the vent and cause this. Under warranty? Uh,maybe not. LOL!

S

slomo

This carb fits my story a while back about the Sears Craftsman lawn tractor getting washed after every mow job. Water WILL get in the fuel tank through the vent and cause this. Under warranty? Uh,maybe not. LOL!
Had another gentleman swear I was nuts about him washing his mower for 35 years on here.

dougand3

dougand3

I had a Honda carb 1/4 as bad as Hammer's and I WAS GONNA FIX IT! Float pin was so seized in there that I busted a goalpost whacking it.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

From what i was told the genny sat in a barn with fuel in it for a few years. Ethanol at its best.

G

Gord Baker

Yup, could be the Spark Plug.........

S

slomo

Yup, could be the Spark Plug.........
Has to be an E3 plug as those add an extra 69HP at the blade tip. Check them out guys!! And let's not get into K&N filters. Front of my mower won't stay down from all that extra torque. Grass looks funny.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

Has to be an E3 plug as those add an extra 69HP at the blade tip. Check them out guys!! And let's not get into K&N filters. Front of my mower won't stay down from all that extra torque. Grass looks funny.
I installed a special fuel line magnet that aligns the ions in the fuel and it cut fuel consumption in half and doubled the power.

S

slomo

I installed a special fuel line magnet that aligns the ions in the fuel and it cut fuel consumption in half and doubled the power.
Got to get me a few of those. I recall those from a while back. All that free hp I am missing out on. Will help a lot at $3.25 a gallon thanks to Biden.

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

They had a recall on those.... apparently the magnet was too strong and could sometimes throw off Coil timing. so the magnet is not as strong now.

Hammermechanicman

Hammermechanicman

They had a recall on those.... apparently the magnet was too strong and could sometimes throw off Coil timing. so the magnet is not as strong now.
Good to know.