The Smell

1saxman

Threads
Just casually looked around and didn't see anything about the legendary LB smell when cutting grass. It has to be an older one with the under-deck muffler and it has to use Lawn-Boy oil, but its the combination of the oil and the smell of toasted grass on the muffler. Once you smell this, you have to have it, so don't get hooked!

Romore

Threads
Lol. I loved the sound and smell of my first mower, a mid 60's with the D-400 engine. I got it with a toasted piston, it was up and running in an hour or so and served me well for years.

FuzzyDriver

Threads
From my dirt biking days in the '70's, I have to use Klotz two stroke oil in my Lawn-Boys. Drags me back to those younger days...::sigh::...

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
If you can find it get some castor bean based 2 stroke oil that will take you back to the 60's
Castrol got its name from castor oil.

FuzzyDriver

Threads
I'm too young for that, I started in 1977. They actually have Klotz aromatic CANDLES for us who want to travel back to those days.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
From my dirt biking days in the '70's, I have to use Klotz two stroke oil in my Lawn-Boys. Drags me back to those younger days...::sigh::...

I used to use Klotz in my old Penton Six Day Trials bike when I ran hare scrambles and just plain old trail riding fun. Nothing can compare to that smell.

L8R,
Matt

FuzzyDriver

Threads
I rode trials back then on my Montesa Cota 348. And loved that smell as I rode through the woods. Man, I wish I could go back to those days!!