The annual Z425 no start.

Gord Baker

Threads
Born, guilty on all 3. I'm thinking of a steady diet of Sunoco GT 98 octane unleaded. I guess a carb rebuild is in my future.
Don't get too hasty on the carb rebuild. Remove the Jets and clean all orifices with wire from wire brush.
Dump old fuel and put new Fuel Filter on.

zebs lawn care

Forum Newbie
Threads
If ya happen to be close to an airport 100LL avgas doesn't give issues. I use it exclusively in a toro 30in residential push mower. And all my trimmers n blowers. Occasionally I'll give it straight in my exmark and gravely ztr kawie motors. Ya it costs more. But never had carb issues. I have it in my snow blower, didnt use it for a yr, and started up on the 1st pull.

zebs lawn care

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think locally the 100LL is going for 4.39 a gallon. But that sweet exhaust smell.. oh my!

xray man

Threads
There isn't any ethanol free stations near me. Sunoco GT is what I use in my snowblower, Grand National, and 427 Corvette- with some 110 leaded added in. Octane is for knock suppression and since it's readily available at $8 a gallon, which is a lot less than True Fuel.
Lucas makes a ethanol treatment additive. Might want to try it. Corn is for creaming,frying,boiling,corn bread,grits and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else but it ain't good for fuel. They only have non-ethanol at a couple of stations near me. It's 3.00 a gal now.

mg8t7gn

Threads
Lucas makes a ethanol treatment additive. Might want to try it. Corn is for creaming,frying,boiling,corn bread,grits and I'm sure I'm forgetting something else but it ain't good for fuel. They only have non-ethanol at a couple of stations near me. It's 3.00 a gal now.
also for making moonshine, so I'm told.

mg8t7gn

Threads
Got a chance today to look at it again. Couldn't loosen the bowl screws so I had to remove the carb and looky looky what I found when I got the bowl off. One jet laying in the bottom of the bowl and the other jet laying sideways inside the emulsion tube. Can I "assume" this is my problem. The bowl looks clean.DSC06133 [640x480].JPGDSC06134 [640x480].JPG

Born2Mow

Threads
So what you're telling us is that "Tighten jets in carburetor" is now added to your Spring check list. :ROFLMAO:

Congrats.

mg8t7gn

Threads
These do not screw in. It looks like what appears to be an 0-ring that holds them in place. Shop manual shows how to remove them by using a punch on the back side and pushing them out of the emulsion tube but nothing on installing them. The carb kit is supposed to be here tomorrow and I'll see if it includes these o-rings.

mg8t7gn

Threads
Latest update: got the carb rebuild kit but no jet o-rings. The jets do not stay in place, they just fall out. Off the the Deere dealer again tomorrow to see if I can get o-rings or jets.