Tecumseh LEV80-333016C help

Threads
I know its the wrong carb. The right one was more expensive. I sprayed carb cleaner in the cylinder, and it made a few popping noises, but didn't fire.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Don’t know what to tell you, except those old Tecumseh engines are mules, but you can’t give them turnips instead of apples and expect them to work.

Threads
Is adding carb cleaner to the cylinder a way to bypass the carb? Just trying to figure this out.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
With your last post you have gotten me very confused. I thought I was responding to someone who had a basic understanding how a small engine works. Your last post tells me, your knowledge of small engine repair is extremely limited. With that limited knowledge you are trying to install a junkyard engine on a deck. Then you open up the engine and tried to put it back together, who knows if you got it right. Put a different carb on because it was cheaper. I’ve had freshman in my classes who wouldn‘t do that, after their first week in class. Since you know nothing about basic engine operation and theory, I’m only wasting my time and getting out of this thread. Maybe someone else has the time and patience to be of help to you. Good Bye and Good Luck.
PS: Did you even check to see if the crankshaft length is even the right one, some decks need long shafts and others need short shafts.

Threads
I'm working on multiple projects, and I do understand. I have a lot wrapped up in this engine, and wanted to save $50 by getting a cheaper carb that looks the same, and is for a Tecumseh engine.

Threads
Thanks for the help. I just got the engine to fire up today. Running very well.