Tecumseh HSK70 carburetor fuel and ? connections

svejkovat

Threads
I just received in the mail a replacement carburetor. This one has an additional barbed hose connection. Where does it connect to?

small  barbed fittting.png

Thanks.

briggs

Threads
I just received in the mail a replacement carburetor. This one has an additional barbed hose connection. Where does it connect to?

View attachment 18474

Thanks.

its for a primer what did u order it for is it a snowblower engine there should be a hose that comes off the rear cover above the rewind

svejkovat

Threads
Ok, thank you very much. That makes sense.

Yes it's for a Toro snowblower. The carb I'm replacing must not have been original.
There is a rubber primer bulb on the motor shroud that has never been hooked up.
Is it a pretty intuitive hookup? Connect hose between the rubber primer bulb output and the carb.
What does the primer bulb input connect to?

Is there a google search that might show me a diagram?

Thank you very much,

Brad W

briggs

Threads
Ok, thank you very much. That makes sense.

Yes it's for a Toro snowblower. The carb I'm replacing must not have been original.
There is a rubber primer bulb on the motor shroud that has never been hooked up.
Is it a pretty intuitive hookup? Connect hose between the rubber primer bulb output and the carb.
What does the primer bulb input connect to?

Is there a google search that might show me a diagram?

Thank you very much,

Brad W

I was looking for a diagram too ..U have to take the cover off 3 head bolts and 2 in the side pop it off some and put a hose on it give enough house so u can connect it once u put the cover back on ,,,I have one at the shop if u can hang on till tomorrow night I will post a photo for u..I have it in one of my books too

svejkovat

Threads
I see. From the video I now realize I misunderstood the function of the primer bulb. I thought it drew gasoline from one side and pumped/primed the throat with it. But it only has one hose connection so it must be simply drawing vacuum and pulling fuel from the bowl into the throat.

Thank you for your help. I just wasted hours at a chevy truck forum with a simple question about my 94 pickup. A four page thread that answered nothing 'cause half the members comments were useless and antagonistic.

You meet all kinds in these forums. Nice to find someone who just wants to help instead of making smart ***** or useless comments like "toro sucks". "Why would you replace the carburetor? You have to tell us what was wrong with the original one for us to help you". "For god's sake, I can't tell you how to route a gas hose on a 7hp tecumseh. You could kill yourself. leave that to the experts at a professional shop".

Sorry for that rant. It was truly a frustrating experience. Some of the guys that hang around in these forums have nothing better to do than jeer from the peanut gallery. It just seems to get worse every year.

Thanks again. Happy Holidays!

briggs

Threads
I see. From the video I now realize I misunderstood the function of the primer bulb. I thought it drew gasoline from one side and pumped/primed the throat with it. But it only has one hose connection so it must be simply drawing vacuum and pulling fuel from the bowl into the throat.

Thank you for your help. I just wasted hours at a chevy truck forum with a simple question about my 94 pickup. A four page thread that answered nothing 'cause half the members comments were useless and antagonistic.

You meet all kinds in these forums. Nice to find someone who just wants to help instead of making smart ***** or useless comments like "toro sucks". "Why would you replace the carburetor? You have to tell us what was wrong with the original one for us to help you". "For god's sake, I can't tell you how to route a gas hose on a 7hp tecumseh. You could kill yourself. leave that to the experts at a professional shop".

Sorry for that rant. It was truly a frustrating experience. Some of the guys that hang around in these forums have nothing better to do than jeer from the peanut gallery. It just seems to get worse every year.

Thanks again. Happy Holidays!

glad I could help u out see it wasn't that bad lol...As for the other forums I have been on a few of them myself and left them because of that reason ..I used to have my own forum here in Canada ..But I shut it down this year got sick of the people acting like jerks and fighting all the time ..The people I became close with are still on my e-mail..Here u will find they have a great mod team and keep it on topic ..Do we have are fights on here yes we do but 90% of the time its because we all do things differently ...Me I own a small engine shop I am a safety freak if its not safe ..But I also have my way of doing things and sometimes others don't agree but it works for me right .....Hope u like it here anymore questions post it we will help u out there is allot of great info on here as well :thumbsup: