Tecumseh HH60 Model #

Aaron1

Forum Newbie
Threads
All:

I got an old Garden Way "Horse" tiller, with a 6 HP Tecumseh engine. The moel # appears to be missing, but it looks like all those tillers had the "HH60" engine on them. When I look at jackssmallengines, I notice that there are a whole lot of sub-models listed under the HH60 heading.

I've got to replace the piston rod and the governor gear, it loks like those are the same across models. Is the same true for the oil seals and gaskets? I'd like to go ahead and replace those, while I'm at it.

Aaron

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

Yes Tecumseh made dozens of variants of the same model,,,just make sure the model you're looking at has the reverse PTO stub shaft.

You should be ok then. It's a good idea to replace the shaft seals too.

Regards

Jeff

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If it is the HH series that engine should be old enough to have the numbers stamped into the blower housing. Either down the side of the blower housing or next to where the spark plug is.

Aaron1

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

Yes Tecumseh made dozens of variants of the same model,,,just make sure the model you're looking at has the reverse PTO stub shaft.

You should be ok then. It's a good idea to replace the shaft seals too.

Regards

Jeff

What is a "reverse PTO stub shaft"? The part of the crank that sticks out the back of the engine? Thanks for the replies.

Aaron

upupandaway

Threads
What is a "reverse PTO stub shaft"? The part of the crank that sticks out the back of the engine?

Well, at least on some models. Look at the end with the drive shaft. To the right and a hair up is a circle. With this option, a second shaft would come out that spot.