Tecumseh engine y-VTP195U1G1SA spark plug wire?

raybird2112

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Murray push mower model:22508A and the spark plug wire needs to be replaced. I have looked all over the net and have had no luck. Can someone please tell me how I can order a new spark plug wire for this engine? Has this engine model crossed over to a new number? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I'm just guessing, because you don't give us the engine model number, but I feel the part number you will need to replace is 34443D, which is the coil. You cannot get the wire separately.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
-Correct. You need to get the engine model # that is stamped into the shroud, usually above the spark plug. It could also be on a sticker on the engine if you have one of the newer Tecumsehs before they went out of business. The spark plug wire is permanently attached to the coil, so if you need a new plug wire, then you have to buy the coil. You can find new ones on eBay for around $20 with free shipping. Just make sure you get the correct one for your engine...

Tecumseh Ignition Coils

L8R,
Matt

Last edited:

peteco

Threads
-Correct. You need to get the engine model # that is stamped into the shroud, usually above the spark plug. It could also be on a sticker on the engine if you have one of the newer Tecumsehs before they went out of business. The spark plug wire is permanently attached to the coil, so if you need a new plug wire, then you have to buy the coil. You can find new ones on eBay for around $20 with free shipping. Just make sure you get the correct one for your engine...

Tecumseh Ignition Coils

L8R,
Matt

The plug wire itエs part of the coil. Take out the coil, it may be a serial part number on it. good luck

Derson59

Threads
I have a Murray push mower model:22508A and the spark plug wire needs to be replaced. I have looked all over the net and have had no luck. Can someone please tell me how I can order a new spark plug wire for this engine? Has this engine model crossed over to a new number? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Quick question are you sure that it is spark plug wire that needs replacement? I had a customer drop off a mower that he replaced the Lamination(twice) on it and that wasn't the problem. It was the brake cable being frayed and not pulling completely the arm back. I would just not want you to buy one and have it not be the problem.
Hope this helps