Tecumseh engine - broken parts, what is wrong?

dfrau32

Forum Newbie
Threads
Good day, I have a Tecumseh engine on a cultivator and while I was working, suddenly loud knocking noises started, so I disassembled the engine and found a few broken parts.
Do you know how I should go about fixing this engine?
Before it broke down, I did tinker with the lever thing on the throttle control, I am afraid I might have caused it.

What is the white plastic rod?
What is the broken plastic wheel?
Maybe I could use a diagram/service manual.
I didn't find any engine label, there's just an engine code.
Any idea?
Help is really appreciated.
001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg004.jpg005.jpg006.jpg007.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The white cylinder with the rod with the ball on the end is the oil pump. and the wheel is the governor gear.

dfrau32

Forum Newbie
Threads
OK thank you a lot. Is the oil pump supposed to be fixed somewhere on the free end? And what's the bent rod from the throttle? How does it work?
Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The ball end of the oil pump slides into that slotted gully on the right hand side of your 4th picture down. the bent rod is the governor arm that rides on the flat disc of the governor gear more toward the left in the same picture as the oil pump gully.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks to me like the governor gear is missing a few teeth.

dfrau32

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks to me like the governor gear is missing a few teeth.
Sharp observation! :)

Anyway, I solved this issue by finding an old Briggs&Stratton engine almost identical and just done an engine swap, less hassle and less work. It cost me nothing which is also good. Thank you for your advice, I learnt from it.