Export thread

Tecumsah carburetor question

T

tim4

I am working on a mtd snowblower with tecumsah 10 horse on it model lh358sa and when I prime the engine with starter fluid it keeps running fine. I shut the engine off and try to start it a few hours later it does not start on choke or by pressing the primer. I tried another carburetor on the machine which I cleaned and the same problem. The float bowl is filling up like iit should but no fuel is going in to the carburetor when I press the primer. I put a new primer and line on it also. When I get it running by priming the carburetor it idles and runs high speed fine. There is no needle valve under the float bowl just a nut with passages in the center and side which I made sure it was clean.

R

Rivets

Float height is probably not set properly, due to the seat swelling, causing a lean condition. Solution, clean and rebuild carb with new float needle and seat, plus resetting the float level.

StarTech

StarTech

Also can be cause by a bad float bowl gasket not sealing. As Rivet as says the float needle valve do tend to swell.

T

tim4

Thanks I tightened the float bowl and it starts better.