TB 30 wont go.

Nightowl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Troy Bilt TB 30 riding lawnmower. I love this thing. I have a bagger on it and it worked great until this afternoon. I was mulching up leaves, and returned to dump them into the garbage bages, and I heard a pop sound. I dumped the leaves, got back on, started it up, and it wouldn't move everything was working, as I turned on the blade, but the brake clutch pedal was all the way to the front. Thinking that was odd, I took the heal of my boot, and moved the pedal towards me. It took off like always. That is really not a comfortable position to be in. I made one round, and shut it down. I did notice a spring that was busted on top of the mower. It looks like it is suppose to be on a peg on the crossbar of the main frame. the number of the spring is: 7320459C. I have hunted all over tonight trying to see what this spring does, and if it is what is giving me the problem. I decided to join this forum, and hope someone may know how to fix this. I am getting ready to remove the deck, so I thought I would ask this question. Thank you.

NorthBama

Threads
first thing the guys will ask for is the model and serial number under the seat

NorthBama

Threads
I see it on this parts diagram but its not clear where its attached

Attachments

• spring.JPG
    spring.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 2

Nightowl

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have that same diagram. I was able to pick that part up in the next town. The parts guy said it’s hooked to the tang that runs the belt ,system to make it go. He had a better pic of it. He might of got it out of the service repair manual online. I tried to get one of those, but didn’t see anyplace online that had them for sale.