T2290 Noise

sivicman

Threads
I have a T2290 that makes noise when you disengage the brake. If you look underneath with the motor running and push down the brake pedal it stops. You can see the belt moving when brake is released. Belt stops when you push down on the brake and the noise goes away. I'm wondering if this is a pully bearing going out. I can't find the warranty for this mower. I have 110 hrs. on the unit.

lugbolt

Threads
they use plastic idlers. OFtentimes one of the idlers will seize the bearing and the belt just melts away at the plastic idler. Usual complaint, belt breaks. Put a new belt on, and it is noisy and/or vibrates when the brake is released. Idler almost every time.

have also seen a couple with debris stuck in the drive and/or driven pulley (engine and/or transmission pulley respectively) which will also cause vibration and noise. Don't forget to look closely at those.

sivicman

Threads
Thanks lugbolt for all the info. I kinda figured it was a bearing on one of the pullies. Is there anyone out there that makes an aftermarket metal idler? You would think that since it's a common problem that a company would make them in metal. Since I am unable to find the warranty for this mower, I'll have to call the dealer and see if they will cover it.

sivicman

Threads
I dropped my mower off at the dealer. It is still under warranty, so let them fix it. We'll see what they end up finding.