Export thread

T 2200 Lawn Tractor running rough

B

bassman37

Hi all,

I'm new to this forum and after searching the topics I could find nothing related to my problem.

I have a two year old 42 inch tractor with a Briggs & Stratton Platinum 540cc 19.0 hp engine that continues to backfire when starting and under a load. The engine just does not run as smoothly as my old Craftsman DLT 3000 did. I have fresh fuel and a new proper gap spark plug and it still runs rough.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank in advance,

Kevin

Boobala

Boobala

Backfire is usually associated with a timing issue, I would check the flywheel for being loose..a sheared or deformed keyway , and verify the coil air-gap... adjust the valves to specs. and check for loose or damaged engine wires.
check around carb. for loose mounting or air leak. Patience and being THOROUGH is most important. ..Boobala

P.S. ...A COMPLETE model identification ( mower AND engine ) from your mower would be most helpful....
info. sticker is usually found on frame under the seat........ for mower
and sticker(s) /plate on the engine itself.

B

bassman37

Thanks for the quick response Boobla.

I guess that I lucked out as it turned out to only be a dirty carburetor as the culprit. While I was out of town my son in law spent a little time on it and solved the mystery!

I know I am new on this forum but I am a bit confused on your comment - (P.S. ...A COMPLETE model identification ( mower AND engine ) from your mower would be most helpful) as I did include the model information on both the mower and engine.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

BlazNT

BlazNT

Thanks for the quick response Boobla.

I guess that I lucked out as it turned out to only be a dirty carburetor as the culprit. While I was out of town my son in law spent a little time on it and solved the mystery!

I know I am new on this forum but I am a bit confused on your comment - (P.S. ...A COMPLETE model identification ( mower AND engine ) from your mower would be most helpful) as I did include the model information on both the mower and engine.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

This is a B&S model number. What you gave is is the engine name.
Model : 4045A7
Type : 0211 E1
Code : 031104YG

Again you gave us the mower name not model number. It is usually under the seat in a format of xxx-xxxxx