SZ60 power steering

Ohioguy

Threads
I was doing my first spring mowing a week ago and the first issue was a dead battery. It had been on a tender all winter and showed green, but didn't even turn over. I replaced the battery and off I went mowing. I realized the power steering wasn't working, still usable but tight turns will wear you down.

I asked the local dealer for any advice, he said number one is insufficient current, the power steering pump had a 30 amp fuse. The tractor was reading 14.4 volts running so I'm moving on to other causes. This Tank uses an electric power steering pump that I can't find much info on. The fuse is good.

I called the Manufacturer but have not heard back. I was hoping for a test procedure or schematic. I'll try them again on Monday.

I've been searching for a service manual for this tractor, it doesn't seem to be available.
It looks like the pump and module is around $1500.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
CurtScreenshot (33).png

Ohioguy

Threads
I found a company that sells the control module separately and have also discovered my module has an LED that can be used for diagnostics. I'm still trying to get inf from the MFG. My module has power in, no power out and when you power the pump directly, it works...

Ohioguy

Threads
So I found the Manufacturer on the pump/module and I was pretty sure the module was bad. I was happy to hear I could buy the module for $250 with a 30 day return window. Picked it up yesterday, 15 minutes to reinstall and I was mowing with restored power steering. $250 is pricey but I was just so glad to have the PS back. I had been mowing without it and near the end of a 2 hour mow, my arms and shoulders were not happy.

karlrichardsonz2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi i have the exact same issue can you confirm it was the unit pictured and not the motor if so where did you manage to get one from cheers

Ohioguy

Threads
Hi i have the exact same issue can you confirm it was the unit pictured and not the motor if so where did you manage to get one from cheers
Are you still looking? Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I measured zero volts on any motor lugs. Replacing the module brought it back to life. If you need it I'll go back and find a contact number.
Curt

Jackengland97

Forum Newbie
Threads
Are you still looking? Sorry I didn't see this earlier. I measured zero volts on any motor lugs. Replacing the module brought it back to life. If you need it I'll go back and find a contact number.
Curt
Hi Curt
Jack from england
I have the same issue and faced with night searching for the module
Would you be able to send the details of where you got it from , it would be highly appreciated
Thanks
Jack

Ohioguy

Threads
This is the company I purchased the module from;

I'm still looking for my contact person, no luck so far. They were great to work with, I hope you have the same experience!

This picture may help them or the part # on the module.
Good luck,
Curt

Attachments

• Tank steering.png
    Tank steering.png
    629.5 KB · Views: 10