Switch/Winch....

Castleford

Threads
I thought a 12 volt winch would be handy but didn't want/need one attached permanently as I have a UTV, truck,trailer, and now the lawn tractor and wanted to be able to move it from machine to machine.
Turns out the hardest thing was mounting the solenoid to the winch so it was secure....
The only thing that needs to be done is mount the hitch receiver on the trailer, that will let me pull heavy stuff onto it with no problems.
Takes the ouch out of stuff like this....thumbnail.jpg

Last edited:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
My son mounted his winch inside center front of trailer, keeps it covered. When needed has cable set from winch to truck battery with remote switch at front of trailer. He has purchased quite a few lawn tractors over several years, fixed them up & sold them for a profit.

Castleford

Threads
My son mounted his winch inside center front of trailer, keeps it covered. When needed has cable set from winch to truck battery with remote switch at front of trailer. He has purchased quite a few lawn tractors over several years, fixed them up & sold them for a profit.
That's my plan as well. I planned on supplementing my pension by repairing small engines/equipment now that I've retired to the country, now I see my neighbour a few miles away has the same plan.