Export thread

Swisher trimmer with a B&S eng , replaced magneto and rebult carb will not start!!!

J

joeburnham71

Swisher trimmer with a B&S eng , replaced magneto and rebult carb will not start!!!

I have a B&S engine in the swisher. model 124t02 type 01229 b1 code 08032956. I replaced the magneto with a 590454 part# and the box stated I needed an air vane 790848 if before 101230xx? I also rebuilt the carb. I am wondering if the air vane is really needed the swisher does not have one now? I do have spark and see fuel if I pump the button, but it will not start????? Frustrated vet with a bad back! Please give advice.....Joe

I

ILENGINE

Re: Swisher trimmer with a B&S eng , replaced magneto and rebult carb will not start!

The air vane is used with the auto choke system. which you don't have. I would be checking the flywheel key to see if it is sheared or offset. You could have spark but not at the right time.

N

natenkiki2004

Re: Swisher trimmer with a B&S eng , replaced magneto and rebult carb will not start!

Since it has spark, see if it will start and run on starting fluid. If not, you've got a fuel/timing problem for sure.