Suggestion under $2000 Lawn Tractor(mower)

high_speed_chase

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need to purchase soon a replacement Lawn mower. My requirements are 42 inch, many trees and obstacles on property, no Briggs and Stratton Intek, but I would consider a BS Vanguard. I just had a bad experience with an Intek. I was looking at a Cub Cadet LTX 1042KW. I think the Kawasaki would be a plus. Any other recommendations would be helpful.

talley2191

Threads
What did you decide? Tough market for under 2K with the requirements?

high_speed_chase

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am still looking at mowers. I did repair the BS Intek, this time. 2 push rods plus head gasket. Time will tell.

MowerTodd

Forum Newbie
Threads
The Cub Cadet seems to be a good choice. Right price range, tight turning radius, and you'll be happy with the Kawasaki engine.

If you are curious what else is out there at that range I have a couple options. Would you consider a Kohler Courage or B&S Pro series? Toro has an LX427 with a 42" cut and the Kohler engine. The Snapper SPX2042 has a 42" cut with a pro series engine. Both are within your price range.

B&S Intek is a pretty standard engine for this class of mower, so your options outside of that are somewhat limited, but that also helps you narrow down your choices pretty quickly.

Todd Gwaltney
Product Expert
Mowers Direct