STX38 transmission

DonJDart

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ran into a stump under some leaves and the most won't move. We have 4 parts machines that all had good transmissions when parked. We swapped out all four transmissions and each one it moves 6 " to a foot and quits moving. My guy tore apart the original one and everything is fine. We are at a loss on what to look for - the machine has very low hours Everything seems to be intact and the shift linkage is fine.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I’m guessing that the drive belt tensioner is not moving freely or pulley is bad. Also when was the last time the belt was replaced? When you reply be sure to include the units model and serial numbers so we can see the drive system.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
I ran into a stump under some leaves and the most won't move. We have 4 parts machines that all had good transmissions when parked. We swapped out all four transmissions and each one it moves 6 " to a foot and quits moving. My guy tore apart the original one and everything is fine. We are at a loss on what to look for - the machine has very low hours Everything seems to be intact and the shift linkage is fine.
How do you continue to try different transaxles four different times. Install first transaxle, it moves a foot and stops, then you start looking at the belt, pulleys, etc. and see what the issue is.

DonJDart

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks! It has a new belt, tensioner is fine, He is going to change the pully (it looks good) next.