Stumped- Scag 19hp boggs/power loss when engaging PTO

Chepeca11

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Stumped- Scag 19hp boggs/power loss when engaging PTO
Hello I have the same problem I disconnect one plug of the spark plugs and nothing happens I disconnect the other side and it turns off ? What was the problem with yours ?

SHB

Threads
Hello I have the same problem I disconnect one plug of the spark plugs and nothing happens I disconnect the other side and it turns off ? What was the problem with yours ?
Ok, so you know which side has the problem. If you take the plug wire loose on the bad side, do you have spark? If no, check coil and associated wiring. If yes, pull the plug, and inspect. Disconnect wire from other plug and check for compression and piston movement. If no compression and no piston movement may have a broken connecting rod. No compression with piston movement may have a valve stuck open. Sorry, there is no single answer to your question.

Chepeca11

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ok, so you know which side has the problem. If you take the plug wire loose on the bad side, do you have spark? If no, check coil and associated wiring. If yes, pull the plug, and inspect. Disconnect wire from other plug and check for compression and piston movement. If no compression and no piston movement may have a broken connecting rod. No compression with piston movement may have a valve stuck open. Sorry, there is no single answer to your question.
Sorry how do I check the spark ?

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry how do I check the spark ?
Spark needs to be checked UNDER LOAD. As in taking an old spark pug, opening the gap to a MEASURED 6mm or 0.25". Or buy a PET-4000 spark tester.

Stay away from those inline spark testers that have a red light that blinks with spark. They are NOT load testing the coil. Just blinking a light at you.

These are junk.
lame spark tester.jpg

This kind is the best. Click on the youtube video below. Watch it a couple times if needed.

slomo