stuhl weedeater with curved shaft

dnjsyl

Threads
I bought a stihl weedeater about 3 years ago. Last year it gave me some trouble. The head that holds the line was not coming off easy and was pretty banged up. I can weedeat for a day every week and need this thing to work. I ended up taking off the curved shaft and put a straight one in it from a old craftsman weed eater. The craftsman was a larger model but had a smaller diameter shaft. I used a short section of the stihl shaft at the top and drilled holes and inserted the craftman shaft into it and riveted it into place. I used the inside drive piece from the craftsman also. You have to do a bit of measuring to get it right. It now has a straight shaft on it and seems to have more power cause it doesnt have a curved shaft and the drive piece inside doesnt have any drag on the shaft. I recently bought one of those heads that you put the 2 one foot pieces of line into. It works better than new.......i am much more impressed with this weedeater now than i was when it was new.........it takes a couple hours to get it all figured out, but well worth it.

Last edited: