Straight crankshaft for 5024 bricktop???

franchi

Threads
Hi All:

I need a straight crankshaft for a 5024 Brick top. What other cranks can I use in this engine? What are the differences in these LB Brick top internal parts?

Any suggestions/comments?

Tia,

Franchi

Got-to-be-old

Threads
Hi All:

I need a straight crankshaft for a 5024 Brick top. What other cranks can I use in this engine? What are the differences in these LB Brick top internal parts?

Any suggestions/comments?

Tia,

Franchi

I think that is a 1975 D series engine. There are engine number and part numbers stamped on most of LB parts. Then there are places like Lookup3.toro.com for information. I may have your crank if you find the engine number and or the crank number. Most of the internal differences are the number of rings. Find me the engine number.

Lawnboy77

Threads
His engine number is a D-433. Personally I think I would do what his dealer recommends and just replace the shortblock with a good used one, or NOS. A good used one should be easy enough to find in Pennsylvania and no big internal parts disassembly will be required. Just my 2 cents...and really if that hardened steel crank is warped then what else has the delicate cast aluminum parts been subjected to? Those cranks are tough as nails.

franchi

Threads
Hi All:

Thanks for the replies!

The number on the engine is 678999. The mower has a serial number of 8038263 and the model number is 5024.

I am waiting for a call from the dealer re. the short block. I guess that I will have to call her, as returning calls are not a priority with her.

Be well my friends,

Franchi

Got-to-be-old

Threads
His engine number is a D-433. Personally I think I would do what his dealer recommends and just replace the shortblock with a good used one, or NOS. A good used one should be easy enough to find in Pennsylvania and no big internal parts disassembly will be required. Just my 2 cents...and really if that hardened steel crank is warped then what else has the delicate cast aluminum parts been subjected to? Those cranks are tough as nails.

When Lawnboy77 speaks, People listen. Thank you sir. I was thinking of you or Old Lawnboy.

AnthemBassMan

Threads
I have the same 5024 Bricktop. Love that little mower as it was my grail mower for years. Growing up in the village where I did, my neighbor was the only guy in town with a Lawn Boy. I loved the sound of that mower as a kid in the early '70s. Everyone else had the typical Briggs/Tecumseh powered mowers, but when he would fire his Lawn Boy up, I would watch him mow for quite a while. Hope you're on your way to getting that Brick ready for the yard again!

L8R,
Matt

franchi

Threads
I have the same 5024 Brick top. Love that little mower as it was my grail mower for years. Growing up in the village where I did, my neighbor was the only guy in town with a Lawn Boy. I loved the sound of that mower as a kid in the early '70s. Everyone else had the typical Briggs/Tecumseh powered mowers, but when he would fire his Lawn Boy up, I would watch him mow for quite a while. Hope you're on your way to getting that Brick ready for the yard again!

L8R,
Matt
I bought a new short block from my dealer for $40.00 so I hope to make the conversion soon.

Thanks for the replies

Franchi